Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Be a Missionary

This week my mom is holding Good News Club at my house.
basically, good news club is where my mom invites all the kids in our neighborhood over to our house for an hour each day. they sing songs, play a game,  hear bible and missionary stories, and learn about God's love for them. i love that my mom does this.

in fact, my mom's been doing this almost every summer since i was little. i remember absolutely loving good news club. it was so much fun.
i still remember some of the songs we used to sing. but none of them quite stands out like the be a missionary song. i'm pretty sure it was one of my favorite songs ever growing up. there was clapping and hand motions and the lyrics were super fun too.
my mom reminded me of that song earlier this week when she was preparing for good news club, and i've decided that this song is just too fantastic to not put on my blog.
so here it is, claps and all. i hope you like it as much as i still do :)

be a missionary every day
(clap, clap, clap, clap)
tell the world that Jesus is the way
be it in the town or country or the busy avenue
africa or asia- the task is up to you!
so, be a missionary every day
(clap, clap, clap, clap)
tell the world that Jesus is the way
the Lord is soon returning,
there is no time to lose, so (clap)
be a missionary (clap)
God's own missionary,
be a missionary today!
let's go!

(clap)
be a missionary every day,
(clap, clap, clap, clap)
learn to eat whatever comes your way
if it's ants down in your cereal,
or roaches in your coke,
just dont let it bug you,
but eat it till you choke, oh,
be a missionary every day,
(clap, clap, clap, clap)
it may stink, but eat it any way
it may be warm and fuzzy,
and sometimes it still moves, but (clap)
you dont need a skillet (clap)
chew it 'till you kill it,
be a missionary today!
let's eat!

needless to say, the second verse was always my favorite. it's also way better sung than read.