Wednesday, July 27, 2011

lion... zebra?, and bear? oh my.

i'm not fully certain as to how this started, but this summer i've been making animal hats for a few of my friends.
it all started with my friend tatiana. i dont fully remember what it was that made me want to make a hat for her, but whatever it was, it started everything.

all i know, is that i knew that tat loves orange, and loves africa. i also knew that she's the kind of person who loves to do random, silly, and sometimes even awkward things.
so i combined all of this knowledge into my plan to make her this hat. it's a lion.
then i remembered that lish had mentioned once how someday she'd love to have a panda hat. so i made her one.
when i put pictures of this hat on facebook, my friend michelle said that she'd like an animal hat too. we talked about different options, and she decided she'd like a zebra hat. so here it is:

i love to crochet. i especially love trying to figure out how to crochet different things like this and making my own crochet patterns (i made the patterns for each of these hats).
if you'd like a copy of the pattern for any of these, just leave a comment and i'll post it.
if you'd like me to make you a hat, be it animal or normal, leave a comment. i often give them as gifts, but if you dont want to wait, u can buy one for like $5-$15 (depending on the yarn and whether i have to ship it).